Your answer to sample tube sorting, storing and tracking.
The PathFinder™ 450S is a compact benchtop workstation that registers and sorts presented specimen tubes into a number of different destination sample racks based on user defined rules. It can be used to automate any manual task in the laboratory where a decision needs to be made regarding the routing of a tube for testing or storage.
- Improves sample Turnaround Time.
- Frees up valuable lab staff for more productive tasks.
- Reduces manual sample handling errors.
- Avoids missing test orders.
- Eliminates lost or misplaced tubes.
- Simplifies training for new staff.
- Improves workflow and efficiency.
Typical applications include:
- Pre-analytical or post-analytical pick-and-place sorting.
- Auditing test panel completeness.
- Archiving samples before storage.
- Sample receipt and distribution.
Reliable routine workhorse
The barcode of every presented tube is read and sent to the Laboratory Information System for the patient identification and what tests have been requested. Based on test priority, sample tubes are always sorted to the correct destination every time.
The PathFinder™ 450S layout can be customised to suit the individual requirements of each laboratory. Or simply swap the PathFinder tray with another one (which only takes a couple of minutes) to change to a different application.
A simple graphical user interface shows rack fill levels, tracks tube locations, and displays instrument status through an interactive touch screen.
Related Products & Services
You might be interested in
PathFinder 350A Archiver
The PathFinder 350A Archiver is a bench top robotic workstation designed for the post analytical management of sample tubes.
PathFinder 350D Decapper Sorter
The PathFinder 350D Decapper Sorter is a compact bench top robotic workstation designed for the pre-analytical management of incoming sample collection tubes.
PathFinder 350D Plus Decapper Sorter
The PathFinder 350D Plus Decapper Sorter is a compact bench top robotic workstation designed for the pre-analytical management of incoming sample collection tubes.