Wafer Transfer Robot for Vacuum Applications Requiring a High Reach/Containment Ratio
The MagnaTran® 7 SCARA (MAG 7) robot incorporates all the technical advantages of the MagnaTran Product Family resulting in a demonstrated mean cycle between failures (MCBF) of > 11 million.
The simple design has a minimum of moving parts. Its direct magnetic drive has no dynamic vacuum seals thus reducing friction and wear, resulting in fewer failures. Less vibration, low particles, and high positional repeatability without edge contact are achieved by the elimination of stepper motors. The integral, field proven, control electronics not only provides a smaller overall footprint but also a lower susceptibility to electronic interference resulting in higher reliability.
- Handles wafer sizes through 300mm and non-standard substrates
- Compact, direct drive technology with no dynamic seals, drive belts or cables
- Proven > 11 million MCBF reliability
- Integrally mounted, DSP based control electronics
- Patented Time Optimal Trajectory
- Workspace user programmable access zones
- Advanced software for local and remote monitoring and diagnostics
- Single or dual end effector configurations
- CE and SEMI S2 compliant
- Compatible with state-of-the-art cluster tools.
- High reach/containment ratio
- Low cost of ownership
- VHV compatibility
- Wafer and equipment safety
- Global serviceability
- Facilitates upgrade for increased productivity
High throughput is achieved by Time Optimal Trajectory™ algorithms which result in transfer speeds 15 to 30 percent faster than s-curve profiles. The continuous rotation capability precludes the need for moves of more than 180 degrees and the direct drive servo with Brooks’ proprietary DSP controller minimizes vibration.
The Workspace user programmable access zones prevent possible collision during manual operation thus ensuring the safety of high value wafers and process equipment. Comprehensive diagnostics may be accomplished with a graphic interface at a remote, modem linked, service terminal. Error loggingwith prior events are time and date stamped. Cycle counters are in non-volatile memory and critical performance characteristics are monitored graphically. Multi-Sensor Interfacing is accomplished by high speed PIO which enables a direct interface to substrate sensors and other peripheral modules such as valves. Real time information allows position referencing by edge sensing of moving components. The wafer presence may be referenced in macro sequences for safety.