The Yaskawa (YEC) MR124 atmospheric robot is a footprint optimal solution for small Equipment Front End Modules (EFEMs) especially when edge grip handling is required. The YEC SemiStar products are the benchmark for semiconductor industry EFEM solutions and are a key part of the Brooks Automation Atmospheric Robotics portfolio.
Higher throughput and wider range of motion
YEC has a rich history in motion control and robotics and leverages its exclusive Yaskawa Sigma™ series technology in the motors, encoders and motion controls used in all robots. Through decades of robot development and tens of thousands of robots in operation, YEC continues to enhance and improve upon its world-renowned drive technology. This established technology ensures high reliability and significantly reduces the cost of ownership.
Features and Benefits
- 300mm, 200mm, and reticle compatible - Easy to modify for different wafer sizes
- 5-axis motion (R, B1, B2, Theta, Z) - Fast wafer swap
- Motors based on Yaskawa Sigma technology - Highly reliable, proven motor technology
- Absolute encoders with integral battery backup - Fast, reliable, and safe positioning without start-up homing
- Wide variety of options including 2 track lengths - Ideal for 3 or 4 loadport EEM applications
- Worldwide support - Product support is available worldwide 24x7
The MR124 is a single arm, dual yaw robot idea for 2-loadport applications requiring rapid wafer swapping capability. The off-axis access to two 300mm loadports eliminates the need for a linear track. The MR124 can also be track mounted for applications where the off-axis access reaches in directions perpendicular to the EFEM. Three and four loadport wide tracks are available.
The absolute encoders on all axes provide excellent safety, precision and repeatability. The integral battery backup allows fast, reliable, and safe positioning during start-up.
A variety of options allow users to configure the automation system for each application. The M122 robot has standard solutions for vacuum and edge grip applications, with or without throughbeam wafer mapping, and can support custom or customer-supplied solutions. Wafer aligners for edge grip and vacuum grip are available to complete the automation system. Some aligner designs can handle two wafer sizes.