The Brooks Auto ID System is the leading automated carrier ID system used in automated semiconductor fabs today. It combines the latest display, logic, and communication technologies and provides a versatile electronic run card. The system offers solutions to track, identify and manage Front-Opening-Unified-Pods (FOUPs), SMIF-Pods, cassettes, reticles, operators, and probe cards.
An identification tag is attached to the item to be tracked (200mm pod, 300mm FOUP, cassette, etc.) and a reader is integrated into process, metrology and material handling equipment. With readers integrated into SMIF load ports, stockers, and manual work-in-progress (WIP) storage shelves, there’s no need for paper lot travelers and run cards. The reader automatically communicates the lot ID upon arrival at a tool.
AdvanTag™ (Radio Frequency ID)
The AdvanTag system radio frequency ID is a fully automated data communications and identification system that enables the instant identification of Front-Opening-Unified-Pods (FOUPs), lots, pods, boxes, reticles, and probe cards. The system uses a maintenance-free MicroTag that permanently attaches to the fab asset and travels with it - between tools, in the Automated Material Handling System (AMHS), and in storage.
Wireless communication technologies (Radio Frequency and Infrared), incorporated by the SMART-Traveler System, enable the tags to communicate reliably with minimum power consumption.
Maximum Productivity & Profitability
- Eliminates misprocessing and increases tool productivity, automatically identifying lots, reticles and probe cards.
- Speeds the location and delivery of lots to tools, managing manual and automated WIP, and reticle storage.
- Increases operator productivity with integrated data displays that let operators access lot/tool specific data where and when they need it.
- Reduces system cost and increases system reliability.
- Provides flexible auto ID systems that can be used in a variety of applications – in both manual and automated fabs.
- In use at more than 100 fabs world-wide.\
- Meets all applicable SEMI standards.