In biological storage, freeze-thaw cycles are considered to be a significant cause of analyte loss.
In compound management single use microtubes are well established as a way to minimize the water content of compounds dissolved in DMSO, as well as any precipitation of compounds from the solution.
REMP® consumables are the industry leading solution for high integrity, cost effective single use storage microtubes. Our heat seal provides the highest integrity of any capping or sealing system it saves significantly on the space taken by a traditional cap. Single use microtubes provide an efficient workflow and the microtube sealing system is available on all microtubes in the range from working volume of 40µl to 900µl.
- Heat seal ‘welded’ onto the microtube providing the highest integrity seal possible in many applications.
- Sealing foil: significantly lower cost than traditional caps.
- Operates down to -80°C: suitable for both biological applications and compound management.
- Space saving compared to capping systems, in particular screw top caps.
Principle of Heat Sealing
The sealing material is first placed in position over the plate. Heat is applied evenly for several seconds, resulting in welding of the sealing material and the plate. This achieves a complete seal without the need for adhesives, which can interfere with the sample.
Heat sealing is a proven technology that offers a number of advantages over other plate sealing methods:
- 100% sealing integrity
- Ideal for PCR and storage applications
- Exceptional seal integrity at low temperatures
- No adhesives which could interfere with the sample
- Greater resistance to solvents such as DMSO
- Pierceable seals
- Quicker and more cost-effective than other sealing methods
Due to the rapid nature of heat sealing, the temperature of samples within the wells does not rise significantly during sealing. Therefore, even temperature sensitive samples, such as enzymatic reactions, are not affected during the sealing step.